By Paizo Staff
For many humans, dying is a unencumber, a passage into the simply rewards of the afterlife. but no longer every person who dies rests effortless. Legends and campfire stories inform of these members too evil to die, or too twisted through delight or occult wisdom to go over to the opposite aspect. those misplaced souls develop into the undead, plaguing the darkish crypts or silent streets of towns and farm cities alike, feasting at the blameless or spreading their immortal contagion like a plague.
Undead Revisited explores 10 assorted undead monsters—or complete breeds of monsters—from either real-world heritage and the usual traditions of delusion roleplaying. every one monster access explores the undead creature’s formation and ecology, its interactions with its sufferers and different undead, suggestions and tips concerning its position in a crusade, variation models for extra gaming application, and extra. moreover, each one access comes with a different pattern monster, entire with complete information for the Pathfinder RPG and able to be dropped into any game.
Inside this 64-page ebook, you’ll find:
• Liches, the twisted spellcasters who lock away their souls so dying could by no means declare them
• Devourers, who shape from the spirits of strong spellcasters and fiends that enterprise into the darkness past the planes and are available again endlessly tainted
• Raveners, the undead dragons wrapped within the soul power of these they destroy
• Spectral useless, these formless spirits equivalent to the wailing and betrayed banshees, the insane allips, the livid spectres, and the supremely evil wraiths
• Shadows, these souls too covetous and miserly to relinquish their take hold of on life
• Bodaks, the eyeless horrors twisted through points of interest nobody used to be intended to see
• Graveknights, whose lust for conflict is aware no end—not even in death
• Nightshades, the planar juggernauts who search to snuff all lifestyles from the cosmos
• Mohrgs, the undead murders who upward push after dying to stalk the streets
• Wights, with their insatiable starvation for the souls of the living
Undead Revisited is meant to be used with the Pathfinder Roleplaying video game and Pathfinder crusade atmosphere, yet can simply be utilized in any fable video game environment.
Read Online or Download Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Undead Revisited PDF
Similar gaming books
Divided into elements, the 1st a part of The Dragon kind is going into the "virtues and sins" of Go—vague recommendations that practice to angle whereas taking part in. the second one a part of this ebook includes 3 exact online game experiences at numerous degrees of handicap. eventually, on the finish, there are a few difficulties to check your self on fabric that was once mentioned in ebook.
Youngsters of the computer God outdoors construction, the nice Primordial forge-god Autochthon is demise. yet, hundreds of thousands of worshippers stay inside his steel physique, and they'll no longer enable their god to perish. Wrest open the gates of construction, and traverse the unending distances of in different places to arrive the assets and souls that your iron deity must live on.
White Wolf Clanbook Assamite (Revised Ed) Vampire Masquerade
- Ancient Bloodlines (Vampire: The Requiem (White Wolf))
- GURPS Mage: The Ascension
- Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: NPC Codex
- Giovanni Chronicles 3: The Sun Has Set (Vampire: The Masquerade)
- Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom (Vampire: The Masquerade)
Additional resources for Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Undead Revisited
Finally, the ravener must amass sufficient eldritch power to shatter natural laws or the barriers between planes and become the conduit for her patron’s might. Should the dragon falter in her tasks or prove an unworthy vessel for the power of her patron, what remains of her shattered soul languishes in servitude to her patron until the end of days. ) Yet not all raveners seek aid from more powerful creatures—in fact, doing so often conf licts with the same arrogance that leads dragons to become raveners in the f irst place.
Regardless of a particular mohrg’s means of animation and how much the creature remembers of its former life, the need to snuff out life like an unwanted candle is the primary desire of each mohrg. A mohrg exists merely to kill, and when it is not killing, it broods angrily, plotting the best means to spread death further. Mohrg attacks often catch smaller communities unawares. The few survivors of such attacks are often dismissed as unfortunate souls turned mad by some other trauma, and unless a town under attack is blessed with the presence of powerful adventurers or a benevolent spellcaster, it may be wiped out by the mohrg’s wave of lesser undead long before the townspeople realize the true nature of the threat.
Thankfully, most nightshades remain in the depths of the Negative Energy Plane and its borders with the Shadow Plane, hunting and scheming in the dark trenches that spawned them, but they’re not confined there by any means. Nightshades possess an innate ability to plane shift, though thankfully most of their kind are so repulsed by the light of other planes that they’re more often encountered as a result of being summoned than because they were crusading far from their native shores. Nightshades see themselves as the enemies of all light and life, and they seek to destroy the living and their worlds at every opportunity.
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Undead Revisited by Paizo Staff